- Wiki created 1 September 2014
Welcome to the GamerGate Wiki
Document allegations of corruption, mobbing, and censorship in the video game journalism industry and many online communities related to the Zoe Quinn / Five Guys Burgers and Fries controversy of August 2014.
- This is not a place for posting threats, harassment, or personal info. This is a place for documenting when people have been threatened, harassed, and doxxed, and any evidence as to who might have been responsible.
- Do not take sides. Post the facts. Post the explanations of the facts by anyone in a position to know the facts.
- Allegations are not facts. They are allegations. Somebody alleged them. Say who made the allegation. Attempt to trace the allegation to its original source. List all of the evidence for and against the allegation. Describe the response to the allegation if it was notable.
- All pages: http://gamergate.wikia.com/wiki/Special:AllPages
- All categories: http://gamergate.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Categories
- Edits: http://gamergate.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity
- Category:Conspiracy Theories
- Category:Outliers - activity at the edge of the storm
Information sources that can be mined:
- CodeGrit report
- Escapist forum (status: page 0 of 816)
- Escapist forum #2 (status: page 0 of 1599)
- Current Happenings on gitgud.net/gamergate
- One Angry Gamer
- The Ralph Retort (Warning: Mature Audiences)
- IRC: #GamerGate on Freenode
- Gamergate wiki: wiki.gamergate.me
- Reddit wiki: KotakuInAction wiki
- The Escapist's Games Industry Discussion Forums
Timeline of major events
- Main article: Timeline
Early 2014: Zoe Quinn accuses The Fine Young Capitalists Women In Video Games production of being anti-women.
March 2014: Pepsi Game Jam fails after Zoe Quinn and other developers rebel.
Five Guys era
August 16: Zoe Quinn's ex-boyfriend Eron Gjoni accuses her of cheating on him with at least three men in the video game industry.
August 27: Anita Sarkeesian and her family are threatened with rape and murder. She leaves her home.
August 28: At least eight gaming journalists write articles condemning exclusive/close-minded gamers on the same day.
October 14 onward: Numerous mass media sources give favorable coverage to Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, and Brianna Wu while pointing out that members of the "Gamergate movement", those offended enough by the August 28 articles condemning exclusive and close-minded gamers to openly attack people not involved with the articles, have harassed the three of them and sent them death threats.